I'm Christopher Sparrowgrove
I.T. Support Professional & Jr Systems Administrator
- Location: San Antonio, Texas Area
- Travel: Yes, With Expenses Paid
- Work Desired: On-Site or Remote
- Hire Type: Part Time or Full Time
- 19 years
I am experienced Information Technology (I.T.) Professional and currently hold two CompTIA Certifications in both A+ and Security+ which provide publicly verifiable evidence of the skills I possess but not at which level. As a self taught I.T. Professional I have first hand knowledge of how operating systems work, hardware operates, and security improvements can be made without sacrificing functionality. These skills combine with my desire to serve people with a high degree of service makes me a great candidate for resolving the issues and relating to the customers frustration.
When necessary I user both a combination of empathy and sympathy as in most cases we share a common interest to eliminate the issues. I enjoy documentation in both how to and technical writing formats to support a team effort in that same goal. My experience as broad as it is continues to grow in many sub sectors of I.T. including but not limited to Data Center Operations and Maintenance, Dedicated Servers and Virtualization, Windows 10 I.T. Support and Administration, Information Security and Device Management, also Breakfix and Repair.
Over all my 19 years of experience is best observed in action during the hard working hours I enjoy putting doing what I love to do. I would say I enjoy a good work and life balance but I come home to multiple I.T. projects and never have enough to to complete them all so I am forced to prioritize at times to accomplish tasks for the greater good. I work well under stress and seem to enjoy mini week long vacations spent with friend in unfamiliar territory exploring. If you would like to know more about me please schedule a networking session or review the references below which include professional, personal, and private references (authorized for release).
Chris is very helpful. He always goes above and beyond. I am grateful to have in person support!Anonymous Surveyor ******* at PwC
Chris is hands down one of the smartest guys around. He knows what he is doing and I would highly recommend speaking with him, with any issue you might haveTyler Wilfred INSURANCE SALES, STATE FARM
This is the shortest time I have spent with IT Support and learned so much. Christopher was amazing.Anonymous Surveyor Works at PwC
My first impression of Christopher was his thoughtful and respectful demeanor. He was willing to go out of his way through all sorts of crazy obstacles to ensure his friends happinessTara Kristine Betourney MANAGEMENT, GFS
Christopher is a very enthusiastic worker, who is driven to provide the best work possible. He is very knowledgeable on computers and Windows software. A self starter with little to no supervision needed to perform assigned tasks.Sean Cing Retired U.S. Army
Christopher is solid computer technician with a higher than expected integrity earning my full trust. His self taught knowledge and skills amaze me as he always works to resolve issue permanently instead of applying workaroundsJulie Nitteberg Bryson Haan MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Christopher is a dedicated hard worker, who is passionate toward network integrity/resilience. His developer and system admin skills can't be matched due to his overwhelming knowledge in the industry. There is no better candidate for getting the job doneJosh Culver Tier 2 Hosting Representative, Go Daddy
Chris is very helpful. He always goes above and beyond. I am grateful to have in person support!Anonymous Surveyor Works at PwC
Christopher was one of my best students in the A+ course. He is a very quick learner and is always interested in process improvement. I believe a great skill for keeping security matters under raps on a network. He is also an inquisitive mind and curious about new tech and how to keep a device secure. he was dedicated and completed his course with high marks and attained his CompTIA A+ certification as soon as possible.Juan Villegas Information Technology Vocational Instructor, Vantage College
I've known Christopher for about 13 years in which he has proven to be a loyal friend to me and my family. He is a very bright young man and extremely intelligent. Christopher likes to exceed every expectation and his integrity make him a great asset. We are fortunate to know him. As would anyone else who meets him.Lauren Spadafore Friend
I have known chris through online forums for a couple years now and his knowledge and skills intimidate me alittle. He seems to know alot about how hackers work and how to fix computers better than myself and I work for a very large corporate IT solutions company. This guy knows his stuff an I would recommend giving him an interview with questions focused around this informationAnonymous Works in Intelligence Community
Chris in San Antonio was extremely knowledgeable and super friendly.He made the entire experience very pleasant. He quickly and efficiently resolved my issue.Anonymous Surveyor Works at PwC
I have personal knowledge of the depth of professionalism and drive that is Christopher Sparrowgrove. I witnessed his growth and maturity first hand and attest to this simple fact--Chris has more heart than any who came before him.
Christopher does not require rules he needs expectations and the freedom to deliver your company goals. Many profess their courage and loyalty, Chris is motivated by his personal integrity.
Give him the chance to join your team, you won't be disappointed.Ed Sparrowgrove Adult Probation Office, Washington State Department of Corrections
Christopher is my go to guy for all technology issues and even when I have a hard time explaining what the problem is; he always figures it out and fixes it in no time at all. We live miles apart and yet he can still fix the issues by connecting to my computer or walking me through step by step. He makes life easier and his high integrity means I can leave him to work on the issues without worrying about the security or privacy of my devices. He always has that covered.Brittany Wheaton CORRECTIONS OFFICE, COLORADO DEPT. OF CORRECTIONS
Christopher Sparrowgrove was amazing! I wish everyone in PricewaterHouse Coopers was as friendly, helpful, informative, proactive and professional as he isAnonymous Surveyor Works at PwC
Christopher has been an excellent student. He is a natural leader willing to help and do projects without hesitation.Sylvia Torio RECEPTION, EXCEL LEARNING CENTER
Christopher is a very dedicated and determined individual. He possesses knowledge in all aspects of the Information Technology field. While enrolled at Excel Learning Center, Christopher displayed maturity and discipline in every aspect. I would recommend Christopher for any position leading to a career in the Information Technology field.Mike Gonzales Admissions Representative, Excel Learning Center / Retired Chief Petty Officer, U.S Navy
Many, many thanks to my cousin Christopher Sparrowgrove for helping me get my computer updated. If anyone is having computer issues, HE is the person to talk to. Now that my computer is updated, I can FINALLY use the printer that Barb Sparrowgrove bought Brian and me for Christmas.Heather Sparrowgrove
Christopher Sparrowgrove is the man, the level of service that he provided me was top notch and was so very knowledgeable highly recommend him to everyone i know!!!Dominique Feagin
Great guest left everything organized and clean definitely recommend to others..
"Read More Reviews Like this On AirBnb Profile"Daniel SA Keys Rentals, San Antonio, TX AirBnB Host
Christopher was a great guest, communication was very easy with him. I would definitely host him again.
"Read More Reviews Like this On AirBnb Profile"Inkee Bulverde, TX AirBnB Host
Christopher and group were exellent guest. left the place on impeccable condition. I would be honor to host the again. and highly recommend him to anyone
"Read More Reviews Like this On AirBnb Profile"Jose And Marina Rockwell Automation, Schertz, TX AirBnb Host
Wonderful guests! Would recommend to other Airbnb hosts for future travel. Welcome back to stay at The Cottage In Cameron Park or any of our other Waco Vacation Rental properties with family and friends anytime.
"Read More Reviews Like this On AirBnb Profile"Lisa Landscaping Industry, Waco, TX AirBnb Host
Reflected above is a value given from unofficial practice exams and is based on those averages which are tracked and input into a database. If and when an exam is passed and certification is acquired the status will change to “Acquired” otherwise it will contain the status “Failed”, “Currently Testing”, “Exam Prep”, or “Acquired” followed by a number in parenthesis representing the number of attempts before passing.
Defense Health Agency
pending fulfillment of job description
Tata Consultancy Services [PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP Contractor]
Supported both global traveling and local end users with breakfix and root cause troubleshooting, resulting in increased first call resolutions in the San Antonio area.
• Resolved BITlocker encryption issues that were unresolvable by other IT professionals in the company, resulting in the recovery of sensitive data and multiple man-hours saved.
• Utilizes Microsoft SCCM through the company for imaging and machine compliance
• Provided users with assistance in creating tickets and escalating to proper departments when out of scope for deskside services and monitoring the status of tickets daily on behalf of the end user.
• Provided Supported for firewalls, servers, managed network equipment, and end-user computers while on/off site., resulting in an increase in knowledge of multiple products and services.
• Trained end users on use of hardware, software, network, and wireless devices in a clear and concise manner.
• Demonstrated thorough knowledge of information security threats, removal, and prevention practices, leading to a decrease in cyber-security threats.
• Managed Microsoft Exchange mailboxes, Active Directory accounts, security permissions, sometimes requiring email forwarding or delegation, including removal, addition, and creation of accounts.
• Utilized ConnectWise ticket system, Labtech, Teamviewer, and Join.Me software daily.
• Utilized Microsoft SCCM, Macrium, and window server WDS imaging when appropriate
Tata Consultancy Services [Nielsen Contractor]
• Troubleshot hardware issues related to call center operations including autodialers.
• Provided Microsoft Windows Office, Exchange, Internet Explorer, Bitlocker Troubleshooting Support, which resulted in decreased common issues.
• Microsoft Active Directory account troubleshooting, account lockout troubleshooting
• Reduced downtime and corrected mistakes of projects beginning after 6PM from team in India and collected many hours of overtime extending into midnight time frame
• Served as the subject matter expert during Google Apps for Work migration and troubleshooting resulting in a decrease of 300 service tickets per week.
• Provided in person support rebuilding trust in the IT Support staff and rapport with executives down to call center employees ensuring a smoother team working environment.
Defense Health Agency
• Provided computer technical support and troubleshooting in high volume government call-center.
• Supported United States Army Medical Command including the Air Force, Navy, Contractors, and Civilian personnel from many different service locations around the world.
• Microsoft Windows Active Directory (AD) and common access card (CAC) support.
• Remote support for issues ranging from authentication, encryption/signing/recovering emails and/or certificates, Microsoft Office issues, and AD account unlocks/management/changes.
• Documented all work in the BMC Remedy ITSM & Remote support via Bombgar and Dameware.
• Handle requests for merging and editing HIPPA protected information.
• Support government software and hardware requests escalating on-site tickets to local teams.
• Provided customers with Triple Play, Double Pay, and Single Play services (TV/Phone/Internet)
• Install, Configure, Service, and Disconnect Residential Services
• Install underground and Arial cable & ground equipment per saftey
• Perform personal computer configuration for optimal performance as recommend
• Communicate with Time Warner on requests for plant maintenance, construction demands, and tap Repairs
• Wiring, splicing,cutting,terminating of CAT5E Cable,RG-6 COAX Cable, RG-6 Direct Burial Underground Coaxial (gel coated)
• Troubleshoot networking issues to determine root cause and repaired most difficult issues.
BASc: Management Information Systems
Wayland Baptist University
Network and Computer Systems Administrator
High School Diploma
Colorado Mesa University
Current GPA: 3.33
Feel free to contact me
- E-mail Chris [at] sparrowgrove [dot] com
- Phone +1 (667) 217-4556 (International Calls/SMS Accepted)
- Address San Antonio, TX, USA